On November 5, 2009, ChicMeetsGeek™ presented the San Francisco Opera Bravo Club’s fall celebration at the ultra-chic geek Automattic Lounge at Pier 38 in San Francisco. Over 350 attendees enjoyed beautiful views of the Bay, hosted cocktails, appetizers, and a unique opportunity to mix and mingle with the movers and shakers from both the chic and geek crowds of San Francisco Opera and Silicon Valley tech.
The geek speakers that attended were:
- Matt Mullenweg – Founder of Automattic & WordPress
- Randi Zuckerberg – Facebook
- Daniel Kraft – NASA Astronaut Selection Finalist, TED speaker, & F-16 Squadron Flight Surgeon
- David Weekly – Founder of PB Works and Hacker Dojo
- Edith Yeung – Founder of BizTechDay
The chic speakers were:
- Damon Dunn – Former NFL Football Player of the Dallas Cowboys
- Terry Disley – Mick Jagger‘s Legendary Jazz Musician
- Mattin Noblia – Top Chef Las Vegas Reality Star
- Irina Blok – ABC’s Shark Tank Reality Star
- Maurice Ramirez – Chief Photography of MTV Networks
The event was a huge success with about a 100 out of 350 young professionals registered to become a San Francisco Opera Bravo member. In addition, we raised thousands of dollars that evening. Most of the attendees at the event have never attended a SF Opera performance or a Bravo social gathering. As a result of ChicMeetsGeek™, the SF Opera Bravo Club, the non-profit beneficiary of the event, reached an audience it was unable to do so before.
Below are a few photos taken at the November 5th launch event by the talented photographer Maurice Ramirez.